Buy tickets: supportmcm.eventbrite.com
Join Multicultural Communities for Mobility for our 5th anniversary celebration on November 10. Please support our event and campaign to help grow our capacity and resources to continue serving our communities and giving young leaders the opportunity to participate in creating equitable transportation outcomes in Los Angeles.
You can look forward to delicious local food from vendors and some good music to kick off your weekend while we celebrate our history and future, and honor the people who helped shape our work. We look forward to having you there.
If you have ever worked with MCM, joined one of our bike rides and walks, or want to find ways to support local efforts to make biking, walking, and using transit safer, more inclusive, and accessible please purchase a ticket for you and your friends or donate in cash or in kind.
By attending or donating, you are supporting:
- Advocates who prioritize equitable outcomes and the needs of low-income communities of color in the process of creating walkable, bikeable, and transit accessible neighborhoods with our partners, government agencies, and community organizations
- An organization that has a strong history of elevating young leaders of color to shape their environment and the transportation field by providing education, mentorship, and professional development opportunities for personal and professional growth
- More bike safety education programs that are culturally responsive and walking tours that honor the people and diverse cultural histories of our neighborhoods
- Young leaders of color building their capacity to engage their communities to become more informed about local transportation policies and programs in their neighborhoods including transit access, Vision Zero, bike share, and Safe Routes to School
- Food vendors, artists, and community members who make Los Angeles the beautiful place that it is. Don’t miss out!
MCM became part of the Community Partners family in 2012 after years of building on our passion for biking and developing community engagement and education tools to better connect with people who have been underserved in the bike advocacy landscape. Prior to joining Community Partners, MCM has had years of experience and involvement in the community, providing an innovative approach to bike advocacy and safety education that were dedicated to the needs and concerns of underrepresented groups. MCM worked closely with community and labor centers, day laborers, and people whose life circumstances as immigrants and low-wage workers were not being acknowledged enough. This work was more than about bikes or seeing bikes as recreation– it was about the people who biked for necessity and deserved justice, dignity, respect, and a better quality of life. Before MCM, we were City of Lights, establishing a successful bike light distribution program that connected with people in ways that have not been done before.
Today, we are honored to work with many more organizations, partners, volunteers, and staff people who help us carry out our mission every day: to improve the social, structural, and built environments associated with transportation that impact low-income communities of color.
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact Maria Sipin, firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a donation directly to MCM via Paypal or credit card please use the button below.